Roman shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here’s why:
In a word; STYLE! You can choose from a wide range of designer Roman Shade fabrics and patterns to match your home decor exactly. They bring functionality to the beauty of drapes. Roman shades are easy to hang and operate, making them the easy choice.
Roman shades give you a wide variety of light control, from light filtering, screen, to blackout liners. What kind of features are available with roman window shades? Custom window coverings can be upgraded in more ways than just color and style. Here are just a few options that are available with roman shades:
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your roman shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger. (This option is only available on Honeycomb blinds).
- Hobbled Fold: In addition to the standard plain flat fold, you can choose to upgrade to a hobbled fold on many roman shades. This means that when the shade is fully extended, it will retain the soft folds or ""loops"" for a more traditional look.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your roman shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
What do I need to know before installing Roman Shades in my home?
- The Roman Panel Blind pulls up in folds towards the top of the blind. Aluminum batons are attached onto the back of the fabric to create the folds. The point where the batons are attached leaves a distinct horizontal crease at the point in the fabric.
- The blind is supplied as standard with a Roman Chain Control Mechanism. The fabric on the blind will be 12mm smaller than the width of the blind to accommodate operation of the chain lift mechanism.
- When ordering, please take careful note of the width of the fabric being used. If the window is wider than the fabric, split the blind into two. No fabric can be turned for a Roman Panel blind.
- When ordering two blinds next to each other of different lengths, please note that it will not be possible to perfectly align the bars.
- If Roman Panel Blinds are left up for a long period of time the fabric may take some time to relax when in the down position and hang out fully.
- Roman Panels are recommended for domestic light duty environments. The nature of the operation does not make them suitable for commercial and heavy duty applications.
- When ordering specify: minimum, medium or maximum stack. This is very significant for the Roman Panel blind. Not only does it affect the stack size but it also affects the appearance of the blind., making the creased bar lines further apart or closer together. Only order minimum stack when no other option is available. Minimum stack specs bars very close together and can appear very busy.
- Roman Panel Materials are classified in three categories; screen, light filtering and block-out.
- Screen materials offer daytime privacy and views, but offer no nighttime privacy.
- Light filtering materials offer light transmittance during the day and day and night privacy. Shadows may be seen in the room at night when viewing from the outside.
- Block-out materials offer privacy and light control. Please note there will still be light penetration on the edges of the blinds.
If you are still unsure what type of blind will suit your home perfectly, give our consultants a call on +264 61 30 20 30 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can send us a Facebook message on our page: https://www.facebook.com/colorblindsgroup